Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 3

It's going to be a quick update.  Puppy Lexi just got spayed, though she doesn't realize it, so most of my energy and efforts are spent keeping her busy, calm and quiet (good luck!)

We only got 30 reps in the video because our neighbor's dog started barking.  We did 10 more later in the evening, and didn't record them.

Video


Stats:
Reps:  40 (30 in video)
% Success:  87%

Thoughts:
1.  Speed.  Seeing a definite increase in speed/confidence.  Of course, his traction gets worse as his speed increases.  Which leads me to...

2.  Traction.  We're going to have to do something about the traction.  A friend of ours recommended mixing paint and sand and painting it, so I think we're going to have to do that.  I wouldn't want him to slide off and get hurt.

3.  Analysis.  I'm still really struggling with this.  Check out the reps at 10 seconds, 29 and 30 seconds.  Are those strides or jumps?!  I'm still not sure.

4.  Trial.  Depressing thought, I guess we're only entering gamblers (no snooker) offered in our upcoming trial.   Obviously for a good reason, but still a bit of a bummer.

5.  Graduation.  Woohoo!  High success rate!  We'll add a block or step under the board tomorrow and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment