Thursday, September 13, 2012

Anxiety

I'm anxious--not the dogs!

The past few weeks at work have been crazy.  We are preparing for the holiday season (yes, already) and that means things move at light speed.  It's what makes my job interesting, but it also makes it tiring and stressful.

On the bright side of things, I am interviewing today for my job (I'm a contractor, so I hope to get hired on by the company so I can make more money and get benefits!)  But, that also means more stress.  It's odd to think about interviewing with people that I already work with!

And then, of course, we leave tomorrow morning for Chicago for Lexi's appointment.  I've been looking forward to this day, but I'm also nervous.  If I had to guess, I would say that the vet likely won't recommend surgery.  We've gone what...10 weeks with no symptoms?  I can't imagine a vet recommending surgery on a dog that is asymptomatic.  But, I really don't know what to expect.  There's even a chance that they give us a completely different diagnosis (Jonathan reminded me last night that we took Lexi to 4 vets--2 said that her luxating patellas were so minor that they'd never be an issue, 1 said he couldn't even get them to luxate, and then the last said they were causing the problem but she couldn't tell to what degree).

I'm also a bit worried about leaving Bentley home.  We decided it would be easier to just take one dog, and now that my mom lives in town, it was easier to drop him off with her.  I know he'll do fine, but we almost always take the dogs with us when we go out of town.  Honestly, I think he'll really enjoy it.  He can be a couch potato (there are no barking dogs at their house!) and relax.

I've been taking Lexi out to do a few minutes of agility in the evenings.  Nothing hard, and no jump bars to see how she'd do.  I don't want to re-injure her, but I did want to test her out and see if we noticed any limping.  I want to be sure to present all the facts to the vet. 

You tell me how you think she did.... *smiles*

3 comments:

  1. Ahh understand now. Waiting for the ortho vet appointment. Sending good thoughts for a good report. I know that many people suffer from infrequent limping. Such a difficult problem to have.

    Looking forward to hearing about the results!
    Vici

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looked good to me!! Hope all goes well with the vet. I know human doctors try to avoid surgery if they can.

    ReplyDelete