Friday, August 19, 2011

BRAG Trial 7/29-7/30 Tournament Trial

I have been procrastinating sharing this video for a number of reasons. First and foremost after the second day of the trial we lost a friend, Dave Seeger. Dave was a USDAA judge whom we had met previously at a trial in Charleston. He was super friendly, and my husband and I had the privilege to take him out to dinner--and we thoroughly enjoyed his company. He encouraged us to give him a call as soon as we moved to Columbus, and we did.

After our move he was extremely welcoming, and offered to be our third teammate on our DAM team. Saturday evening he went home and had a heart attack. Though I would not say that Dave and I were close, it was extremely sad, and incomprehensible.

Dave clearly loved the sport, and inspired a sense of fun and camaraderie in everyone he met. Needless to say the outcome of the weekend became completely secondary, though we went on to run Sunday in his honor.

Completely tertiary were the extremely difficult courses (had I known I would not have entered the baby dog) and poor handling on my behalf as a handler.

Nevertheless, I created this blog to track our progress, so here are the runs from the day. I made one video for both dogs since they ran the same courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment