Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Awesome night!

I am going to preface this by saying that I had just typed up an entire post and it got deleted.

But anyways, we had an awesome night last night.  Bentley got his contacts.  I couldn't believe it!  This was his first time on the equipment since his surgery, and he was awesome!  I know they aren't perfect, and we have a long way to go, but I am so proud.  We've been waiting on this moment for two years!

And secondly, Lexi was invited to play at flyball with some other club members last night.  We had a blast!

I warmed her up by just practicing turns (no ball).  They were okay.  I think we got two feet about 75% of the time, and some ugly variation of four feet the other 25%.  At least she didn't seem scared, she didn't hesitate, and hit the box confidently in some fashion every time.

Then the three other people there lined up and worked in one lane, and we worked Lexi in the lane next to them to see how she would do.  We started just by doing restrained recalls.  I thought she would be worried, but she ran back and forth to my husband and me with no issues at all.  I eventually started sending her to get the ball and she only got worried when one dog came into her lane.

Lastly, we put her into the end of the "rotation" (after the other three dogs).  She didn't do any passes, and she didn't trigger the box (we just set the ball on it).  But she did great!  The first time she had to check out the box loaded (though the box loader did admit to saying her name, so maybe that distracted her?), the second time she dropped the ball, but the third time she was awesome!


  1. Good boy Bentley! Stick those contacts. And yay on Lexi's last FB run. Awesome!! Maybe I need to try it. ;)

  2. Congrats on the great contacts with Bentley! And it was so fun to see Lexi doing flyball - she is going to be fantastic!