Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bentley's Weekend

This weekend we went to a local trial.  I was a little apprehensive about going.  Of course I was excited about Bentley coming back from his injury, but I was also feeling really sad.  I couldn't believe that for the first time in over 2 years we'd be going to a trial without Lexi.  I just knew it wouldn't be fair to bring her along and not let her run, so she stayed home.

But my little buddy made it worth it.  He got his MAD!  (Master Agility Dog).  I was so proud of him.  Leave it to my little man to make me wake up and realize how much I love this sport.  Part of me wanted to quit a few weeks ago!


Anyways, here are his runs...

Masters Gamblers:
My little non-gambling man...he really tried!  I have been setting little goals for our gambles (or it gets kind of depressing) and this one was just for him to take the second jump.  He took the second jump AND turned the right way.  And then he went back out to complete the obstacles.  No Q, of course (didn't take that third jump) but I was really happy.


Masters Standard:  Q and MAD!
There was a time when I never even dreamed of getting Qs with Bentley (didn't even know what a "Q" was!), much less titling across the board and getting closer and closer to an ADCH.  Bentley is such a trooper, and I could just feel his enthusiasm at being out there with us today.


Masters Gamblers:
Again, I try to set little mini goals, and I honestly didn't think Bentley would even get into the right end of the tunnel.  But he did!  I better start giving him more credit!  That in itself felt like a victory.  And then, he went back WAY out and took the last jump.  Again, I was so proud!  The teeter was just too far and at too much of an angle coming from the tunnel for him to even see it, but I'm not worried about that.


Masters Standard:
Not the best run...but I like to blame most of it on Jonathan.  It's just been awhile since we've been working with Bentley and his commitment point is so late!  Jonathan's decel and slight lateral motion caused a refusal in the corner.  I thought his rear cross heading towards the table was really nice.  Jonathan wanted to make him hold his a-frame since the run was blown, but of course B wasn't even close--haha!  Dogwalks are looking good, though.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your MAD! Beckett has one Master Std Q and we don't have a Master Gambler yet either. He did three of 4 obstacles in our last Master Gambler; good thing he didn't do the 4th or I would have been really bummed as we were one point short on our opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a HUGE accomplishment!! Fabulous!

    BTW, I got Fin from HiMark Shelties (link on my blog).

    Best of luck.

    Vici

    ReplyDelete