Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's Scheduled

Well, I couldn't take it anymore.  I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with a vet at the same place where we took Lexi before.  I guess technically she's an ortho vet (not sure?) but her specialty is rehabilitation, so I think it will be helpful.  She was also recommended by a couple agility people around here, so I think that's a good start.

I would love to start Lexi on a rehab program, but I'm frustrated because we don't even have a diagnosis!  Sure, "muscle injury" but I don't even know what muscle.

I'm sure my boss is just loving all my "sorry I'm going to be out/late/leave early because of a vet appointment" excuses. 

Also, really loving the whole mashed-up-healthy-things in Kongs idea.  Yesterday both dogs enjoyed some mashed up banana and kibble in a Kong.

Went out to do some agility with Bentley and took Lexi in the yard.  She worked uber-boring things like stays, heeling, and more stays.  Speaking of which--any tips on getting her to NOT bark when she's working?  For instance, she barks when released, she barks when asked to do something (like get into the heel position).

Bentley got to run twice before our neighbors let their dogs out.  Poor guy.  Thinking of entering him in a couple events at the end of the month.  But, we have a long way to go so we'll have to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment