Thursday, April 25, 2013

Silvia Trkman

This spring I bit the bullet and signed Lexi and I up for a Silvia Trkman online agility foundation class.  I've always admired her and her training methods, but just didn't feel like I would like an online class.  Plus, we moved to Columbus and have in-person access to a great trainer.

Unfortunately with my work schedule it has been really hard to find consistent time to do private lessons with Lexi. Though we've come a long way, there are still a lot of ways that we can improve, so I wanted to do something more.

I am enjoying it so far, but we are so far behind.  We started the class 2 days before it technically started, and there was all this "pre-homework".  Long story short, we're still working on the pre-homework from the beginning of the month!  Basically all the exercises build off of the foundation skills in the pre-homework, so we're still working them.

Anyways the most important skill (and honestly the one we need the most, so there's no point in rushing it) is cik/cap.

Here is Lexi's progression over the past weeks (and honestly, our lives are so incredibly crazy right now, that we haven't been able to practice as much as I'd like)...




2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Ive work on this with Miley again and again. But once I add the bar and the hight goes up, she just cant seem to turn tight. But Java can turn tight. I think maybe because I started Java as a puppy but not miley. Love ST classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! I don't do agility but always admire those who are in it. You guys have put in so much effort and the most important thing is you are having fun together with your dogs and the dogs love the games too.

    ReplyDelete