Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lexi: Handler/Obstacle Focus and a Clicker Challenge



The dogs enjoy a trip to Schiller Park in German Village.




I think I mentioned this, but since I'm behind I'm just mass-dumping the videos that I have on my computer from the past couple months. Here's a quick one of Lexi in the yard working on turns from the tunnel.




And, here's another one of me teaching Lexi to put herself into a box. She's a little unsure, and clearly doesn't know much about her back legs. So, it was definitely a good exercise. After this, I tried to get her to do it again, and she didn't get it. So it's a work in progress. I want to teach her to stand on something, and pivot with her back feet (great for rear end awareness!) so this was sort of the foundation for that. (I should also point out that Lexi is not really clicker trained. This was her first time using the clicker for shaping a behavior. She definitely is not afraid of offering!)

No comments:

Post a Comment