Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 14

A little behind on posts (and on training days!).  Day 14 was around 36"

Video


Stats:
Reps: 30
% Success:  80%

Thoughts:
1.  Success Rate.  Success rate isn't as high as I want it to be, so we'll be leaving it at this height.

2.  Speed.  In direct correlation with his success rate...we were literally sprinting in a lot of the repetitions.  The last 3 times I was going as fast as I could go.  He missed every single one of them.  So I'd like to leave it at this height for him to learn to use his brain when he gets over excited.  I am very proud though because his speed has increased tenfold.  I've now clocked him between 2.1 and 3 seconds every time he runs.

3.  Mistakes.  I now find it helpful to determine why he's missed some of them.  I've listed the reasons (or my thoughts on them) here:

-:03  He misses the first one.  I think he didn't realize the new angle, because the next 5 or so are correct.  We also started him on the full dogwalk rather than just the down board.
-:24  and :33 I specifically instructed my husband before this run to "run fast and rev him up ahead of time"
-1:27 and on...I am running as fast as I can.   So the sprinting was hard for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment