As you can see, I'm still behind on posting the videos! But, these are the last two for the next few days as we have a trial this weekend. We're only entering jumpers, gamblers and pairs to avoid contacts for the most part, but it will still be a long and busy weekend. Day 15 is at 36", and I didn't measure, but I would guess that Day 16 is between 38 and 40".
Day 15 video:
% Success: 88%
1. Speed. He's really doing well with speed. I really like the way a lot of these look.
2. Treats. I think it's a good idea to start giving him extra treats for extra good ones (jackpot). Some of these are better than others.
3. Mistakes: Speed is a factor, and he again misses the first one.
-1:05 BIG mistake. I think it's the first really bad mistake in a while where he completely misses the yellow.
Day 16 was spent out at the field when there were about 5 other dogs on the field running, and several dogs just running and playing in the field next door. It was great practice for a trial-like scenario, but definitely proved to be difficult for Bentley's concentration. Please note that I had to edit not 1, not 2, but 3 dogs going to the bathroom that we captured on video-haha!
Day 16 video:
% Success: 81%
1. Success. I left this training session feeling a little down. In retrospect, considering everything going on, it was more stressful and full of distractions than even a trial would be. It is good practice, but was disappointing as I wasn't happy with a lot of the ones that he did correctly.
2. Mistakes. His mistakes were also significantly worse than previously. On ALL of his misses, he missed by a lot. Didn't even come close to the yellow. When we pick back up it will definitely be at this height.